Sunday, October 25, 2020

In My Trembling Hands

I reached into my chest

I took out my heart

In my trembling hands

I squeezed, wrung it out


I let hurt, pain and resentment

Flow from the tissue

Allowing it to release

Onto the ground


I watched, with tears

As the earth absorbed the damage

Red, Black and Blue

Slowly seeping beyond my reach


I rinsed my heart with my tears

Noticing, as the pure white and gentle pink

Began to emerge once again

It has been so long...


Gently, lovingly and slowly

I placed my heart

Back into the center of my chest

The center of my Being


Then I saw it,

A glimmer

A flicker

A renewed light began to appear


Today, it flickers

Tomorrow, it will glow a bit brighter

Until that bright, white light

Shines to lead me ever forward


For Me...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment