Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Alone (the 90s)

As I sit here alone
I think of my past
Where has time gone
It just doesn't seem to last

Many tears have fallen
Many smiles were shared
I hear my name you're calling
But when I look, you're not there

Memories flow like a fountain
Come rushing back again
I'd climb the highest mountain
Fight the fiercest rain
To have your arms around me
Like a blanket from the pain

I have lost that security
That once held me close
To protect me from harm
And loved me the most

One day that all died
Left me cold as stone
Crying in the rain
Sad, lost and all alone

You picked up with your life
As if I had never entered
Buried our memories deep
Far from your heart's center

I will go on without you
For, I know, I must
I'll find someone to love me
Someone I can trust




No comments:

Post a Comment