Thursday, June 11, 2020

Already Diving

I wish I could know
How it was supposed to end
Then I would know
Where, now, to begin

If you could see deep
Within my heart
Then you would understand
Why I am scared to start

To form a new relationship
With one, I believe, cares
Then to see him walk away
As if I wasn't there

Who would have thought
After all these years
You and Me,
We would be standing here
Facing the questions
Unwanting to answer
What will happen
When one leaves Asheville

You've become a part of me
That I don't want to lose
But, please, don't make me
Feel I have to choose

Between feelings and knowledge
It is hard to decide
When pain and heartache
Are still fresh on my mind

Try to understand
The way I feel
Like stepping in the water
That's not at all clear

The bottom is murky
But the top, inviting,
Right now, I feel, 
I am already diving

7-27-1992




No comments:

Post a Comment